It’s cold and rainy. We slept terribly. The jail hostel sounded cool on its website, and it is, but it’s still a hostel. There are a heard of jumping gazelles above us, being chased by a rhinoceros. The room next to us has a classroom of small children that woke up early and ran around, screaming.
– Walked around the pretty parliament buildings and a Centenary Flame.
– Caught a bus outside a bookstore, because it apparently went to Gatineau Park.
– Stopped talking to each other in the bitter cold, standing at a bus stop outside Gatineau Park because it wasn’t the bit of the park that Daniel wanted to see, but hadn’t actually planned how to get there, and we’d got off when I suggested that we just get off because we could see trees with variegated leaf colours.
– Caught another bus East across Ottawa, toward Montreal.
– Ended up immersed in some weird rapibus opening festival with free bus rides somewhere North of Ottawa.
– Caught a bus back to downtown.
– Saw a better film than last night’s Inside Out Gay and Lesbian Film Festival film. It was German and had policemen that had sex. That was the summary by the Director of Programming as he stood and made several quite witty remarks.
– Ate not bad Vietnamese noodle soup in an area called The Market.
– Decided that even though it’s Saturday night we can go home and go to bed.